Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another February Layout

NAPPING BUDS

This picture of Dad and Sami was taken in Texas while we were there for my dear Uncle Tuck's funeral.  He passed away on February 25th.  I still have a very hard time believing that he is gone.  He was such a special person and I am so proud to say that he was "MY" uncle. 

Last summer Uncle Tuck and Aunt Sue came to Idaho for Stef's graduation and we went on what I called "the old fogey" tour through Idaho to visit all of my great aunts and uncles and lots of second and third cousins.  Sami and I got to ride with my dad and Uncle Tuck for the trip and I am so THANKFUL that I had that special time hanging with my dad and Uncle.  All of the other womenfolk would have been itching up a storm since they spent a good deal of the time talking about airplanes, motorcycles and other manly topics.  I wasn't itching, I was just enjoying their company.  Now looking back I see how lucky I was to get to spend that extra special time with Dad and Uncle Tuck just BSing on a road trip through the state of Idaho.  I wouldn't trade that for anything. 



This is a picture of me and Uncle Tuck taken in August of 2008.  Sami was just two weeks old when we went to Montana for a family reunion.  We spent a glorious week in Hungry Horse, Montana.  It was a great time for Sami to meet the family.  Our family is so special and we just love to hang out together even though we don't get to do it very often, but when we do, we have fun.  Granny wouldn't have it any other way!  That is just the way that she raised us! 

I miss and love you Uncle Tuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment