Friday, February 17, 2012

January Hip Kit Layouts

The January Hip 2B Square Scrapbooking kit was full of bright colors and was fun to work with.  We got to go the Hawaii in January and the colors of the kit were perfect for some of my Hawaii pics. 

O'U KAMALI'I (My children)

I love this picture of my kids.  The are both looking at the camera and are being loving towards each other. 




Occasionally I will tune into HSN's scrapbook days to see what there is for sale.  The other day they sucked me in and I HAD to buy their new Lucky 8 Punches from WeR Memory Keepers.  They make really big die cuts.  The circle on the page above was cut with one of their new punches.


KAMELONU (Cameron)

When we were at the International Market there was a vendor that had a book of names and their Hawaiian name.  I took pics of both the kiddos so I could remember them.  This is Cameron's Hawaiian name.

I love this picture of Cameron taken on the beach at Waikiki.  We had a breakfast picnic at Fort DeRussy park right on the beach.  It was such fun.  Sami dropped an entire scone and we watched this pigeon try to eat it.  It was quite funny.




I just got the new Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Accordion flower die.  It is AWESOME!  It makes these flowers in seconds.  It is a super easy way to add texture in a flash!

KAMEIO (Sami Jo)

This is Sami's Hawaiian name.  She is very hard to get to look at me.  She wouldn't smile but at least she is looking at me.





I found a layout that I really liked on October Afternoon's website.  It had these really cool flowers and I made one for this layout.  It is made out of 7 1" circles.  Here is a tutorial that I made on how to do it, or you can go to the link above to October Afternoon.


BFF'S

This is a really cute pic of Sami and her BFF from preschool Ella.  They had a playdate and had to dress up.  It is so fun to see Sami make friends.



I just got a new border die that makes really big scallops.  I love love it.  I have been looking for one forever.  It is a Sizzix Sizzlets Decorative Strip Die.  I have a feeling it is going to get a lot of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment