Tuesday, September 18, 2012

July Hip 2B Square Cards


I just love the denim backed floral patterend paper from Simple Stories.  The flowers just looked like they needed butterflies floating around them, thus the design for my card began.  I loved the the little 9 to 5 Doo-Dads from October Afternoon had two sides, so if you didn't want the type/sentiment on your card or layout, you could flip it over for the plain side to add your own sentiment.


When I saw the Queen and Co. Rhinestones the first time, I thought that they would be great to make a sun with.  Pairing that idea with clouds, butterflies and the flower buttons made such a cute little card. 


The balloons from the Studio Calico Ephemera Pack were just perfect for a simple Birthday card. 


This card kind of happened by accident.  I knew that I wanted Just a Note in the space under the typewriter but didn't know what to do with it on a card.  I had to clean off my workspace to work on another project and just put all of my July kit in a pile.  When I went back to this card several days later, these papers were stacked exactly like this and I thought it would make a cute card. 

(For the text "Just a Note", I typed the sentiment on my computer and then printed it out and then taped the typewriter embellishment over the top of my printer paper and then printed it again.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment