Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another August Hip 2B Square Hit Kit Layout

I've had my Disneyland and Lego Land pictures from July bouncing around in my head and my good friend Amy, who also went to Disney Land and Lego Land in July, has been begging me to use the kits to do these layouts so she could use her kits and copy my layouts.  So here you go Amy!

The last Disney layouts I did were your traditional Disney layouts using Mickey Black, Yellow and Red with all the traditional Disney embellishments.  This time around I'm going to try to use the kit club.  I am also not going to scrap every picture this time.  I will be incorporating some individual photo sleeves into my album. (ie: project life type photo sleeves)

I knew that I wanted to do a two page layout with LOTS and LOTS of pics.  I managed to get 15 pictures on this layout.  There is one 4x6, two 4x3's and 12 2x3's.  The aqua paper, ribbon and letters and the red embellishments went perfectly with my pictures.  Lightning McQueen is red and a lot of the signage and window trim at Cars Land were aqua. 

I printed out all of my pictures separately, however, in rethinking it, I would have probably had an easier time had I printed them in a collage.  You can't tell it from here, but I popped up one picture on each page.  You can see them better from the detail pictures below.  Instead of using pop dots to lift the pictures, I used some of the scraps from the Woodland Park chipboard.  Instead of throwing away the leftovers, I have been using them for popping things off of my pages.




This is one of the photos that is popped up.  It just adds a slight dimension to the cluster of photos.

The Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Delights (Accordion Flower) had a center that said Hello.  I took that off and added one of the Flair Buttons.  The washi tape is from an earlier kit and matches this kit perfectly.  Also if you look at the photo with the firetruck you will notice that it is the other photo that is popped up.


No comments:

Post a Comment