Things my Pa taught me.....
- My love of football, most importantly how to throw a perfect spiral. (Something that my sister never figured out, she still throws like a girl!)
- How to change a tire (No daughter of his should be without simple auto mechanic techniques. (Don't think Bec figured that out either!) I could also tune the points in a Honda Accord but I don't think that cars nowadays have those.)
- That taking a short nap during the Evening News is a must. (not that I ever get that one accomplished)
- That cooked carrots are HORRIBLE.
- That camping was actually a really fun time. Even though as teenage girls, we thought it was the worst thing EVER!
- How to gut a fish. Which came in handy when filleting and freezing over 500 lbs of halibut that one summer in Ketchikan.
- How to woodwork. (Most of the electric tools in our garage are MINE!)
- That family is the most important thing.
|Dad with Bec, Missy (the doxie) and me when we were little. Circa 1969 ish?|
|Bec, Dad and I at the Seahawks/49ers game. Christmas Eve 2011|