Tuesday, October 16, 2012

September Hip 2B Square Hip Kit Layouts

PUMPKIN PATCH CUTIES

Fall is my absolute favorite season.  I love football.  I love the smells, pumpkin and spice.  I love the foods, warm comforting soups and I love the colors. Here are some more pictures from our Pumpkin Patch excursion.  When I saw the fence on the Simple Stories Harvest Lane stickers, I knew it would be perfect for my Pumpkin Patch page. 

I used a border punch to make my grass for behind the fence and a die cut for the pumpkins.  If you don't have a pumpkin die cut, you can print out a pumpkin and use it as a template.  I inked the edges of both pumpkins in a light brown chalk in and then in a dark brown chalk ink.  I took the tree branch sticker and cut it into three pieces and used two of them for the vines of the pumpkins and the third was an accent that I put in the top corner.  I used some pop dots for one of the vines and half of the smaller pumpkin to help give some dimension. 

FALL FUN

The September Hip 2 B Square Kit is filled with great fall colors perfect for your fall pics.  It is tradition every year for our family to go to a pumpkin patch.  This year we went to a brand new patch and they had a fun hay ride pulled with an antique John Deere tractor.  My grandpa was a wheat farmer in Kansas so I have a fondness for old John Deere's.  Therefore, I made my kiddos take a picture by the tractor.  The yellow and green of the tractor and the orange of my daughter's shirt went very well with the colors in this kit. 

I inked all of the papers with a brown ink to help them pop a little more off of the Pebble's Walnut Grove wood grained paper.  I took all of the card stock stickers from the Simple Stories Harvest Lane stickers and backed them with the craft paper and then also inked them.  The leaves and tree have been popped up and I doubled up the pop dots on the little blue birdie to make him higher than the tree. 



If you look really close behind the tree, you will notice that I used the packaging from the Amy Tangerine Stamp set.  I loved that the grid was orange and fit with the other orange's in the kit.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration to use some of your fall pictures with this wonderful Fall themed kit.  Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment