Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Some more Sept Hip 2B Square Hip Kit Layouts

AUTUMN BEAUTY

Every now and then, I get a photo that I just love and want to scrap it in a big size.  My friend Keli took this picture of Sami and the fall trees and it was so great that I wanted it BIG!  Scrapping with a big photo can be challenging.  And challenged I was, but with playing with the patterned papers and stickers for a couple of hours, I came up with this and I am very pleased with how it came out. 

I used the patterned and card stock papers to match the colors in the photo and used the design concepts of threes and and a triangle.  By doing that, it doesn't over power the photo but helps direct your eyes across the page. 



I took one of the Studio Calico Wood Veneer borders and trimmed them down into smaller accent pieces.  I also backed the Simple Stories die cut stickers and the Jillibean alpha stickers with the kraft paper card stock.  For the little birdie, I only put pop dots on the top part of him, so his feet are still touching the page.  I think it gives a different type of dimension.


I hope you might be inspired to try to scrap a layout with a BIG picture. 

THE SURF, THE SAND, AIN'T LIFE GRAND!

The September Hip 2-B Square kit has wonderful fall themed colors, however, there are some subtle combinations you can get by using the greens, greys and blues with a hint of orange.  I have had these beach pictures for a couple of years and have been needing to find the paper that matches the tones and colors in the photos. 

I took the Studio Calico wood veneer borders and cut out three hexagon shapes to add for some dimension.  I back them with the orange star paper that I also used to tuck under the photos to help the have a little pop off of the gray background.  I also used a wood veneer arrow from an earlier kit.


If you look really close on the postcard embellishment, there are two stamped images of a camera and globe that came from the Amy Tangerine stamp set.  I stamped one in brown and one in black to give an interesting look.  I also used the second stamp impression to have them be not so bright on the postcard to give a more aged look.  Just stamp on a scrap piece of paper first and then use the second impression to get a lighter image. 

Kimberly has been challenging her facebook readers to use more than one type of alphabet stickers on your layouts.  I challenge you to do this and to also take a themed kit such as this fall one and find a color combination that will go with other photos.  If you look at Cindy's Lego layout from this month, you will see she did that using the primary colors in this kit to go with her colorful lego picture.  Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment