Friday, October 5, 2012

Getting my Pinterest on!

I love Pinterest.  (Disclaimer: My husband doesn't!)  I get so many really cool ideas for home decor.  Things that cost next to nothing to make.  (Disclaimer:  My husband doesn't think that last statement is true!) 

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday and I just love FALL.  So just searching Pinterest for Halloween and Fall decor, you can find so many things to make.  Where to start, oh, where to start?  Well I pretty much started and stopped at this wonderful blog called "I heart Naptime"  It is awesome, it had wonderful ideas for crafts, recipes and more. 

1. Carve a pumpkin and put a Mum plant in it.
I ended up using one of those Carve It plastic pumpkins from Michael's so I can use it year after
year.  I put a brick in the bottom to help hold it up since the plant is heavier than the pumpkin.

2. Leaf table cover. 
I bought a leaf garland from Michael's (marked 50% off) and snipped off the leaves
and hot glued them to a piece of maroon felt.  I also made a big one to put on my dining room table.

3. Pumpkins with vinyl sayings
 I got two white pumpkins from Michael's and added some vinyl lettering and images that I
cut out with my cricut.

4. Boo Plaque
5. Little Paper Pumpkins
6. Paperback Pumpkin (see close up below)
The last time I was home, I had my dad cut up a 2x4 into a a bunch of little pieces to
use for block letters etc.  I took a six in block, painted it with black acrylic paint, added some
Halloween scrap paper and cut out the vinyl letters. 

The little paper pumpkins are circles cut from an old paperback book.

I also cut a couple of ghosts from my cricut in vinyl and put on my candles. 
I can remove them when I'm done.

Paperback pumpkin close up
If you go to the I heart Naptime blog, you can find the instructions on how to make this cute little pumpkin.  I went to Goodwill and bought some paperbacks to use.

7. Block decor and witches hat
 I bought a craft paper witch hat from Michael's and covered it in black glitter.

The blocks where painted black, I then added Halloween scrap paper and vinyl lettering.  I am thinking that on the backside of these, I may put some Christmas words to use in the upcoming holiday season.

Subway art and paper pumpkin.
For the subway art, I just did a search online and found one that I liked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment