Tuesday, October 23, 2012

September Hip 2B Square Layout (Scraplift from Melanie Jarocki)

My fellow Hip 2B Square Design Team member, Melanie Jarocki posted this school layout that she made with the September Hip Kit.  When I first got this kit, the number wood veneer numbers from Studio Calico had me itching to do a school layout but I could never come up with an idea that I liked, so I shelved that idea until I saw Melanie's layout.


Melanie Jarocki's September Hip 2B Square Layout

I took her layout and scrap lifted it.  I also made it into a two pager.  Since I had already used most of my kit making my other layouts and cards, I went into my stash.  If you are like me and have been getting the Hip Kits for a couple of years, you have tons of EXTRA GOODIES, laying around. 

Sami's skirt has polka dots, so I took that theme across the page with the black and white polka dot washi tape from an earlier kit. The circles with the red chevrons came from a holiday kit from either last year or the year before.  I think it matches perfectly with the red chevron washi tape that I had on hand. (not from a kit)


I have said many times before, Kimberly does such a great job putting her kits together, you can mix and match previous kits with current ones to create a layout.  (*I also went into my new October kit and used some of the washi tape in the add-on kit)

I hope this scrap lift of Melanie's layout gives you some inspiration to dig into your stash and start using it! 

* A portion of this layout is made from using past Hip Kit papers and embellishments going back two years.


No comments:

Post a Comment