Tuesday, August 14, 2012

May Hip 2B Square Layouts and Cards

I am so not a blogger.  I had this post done over a month ago and thought I had posted it,  yet today when I went in to update with the June layouts, I realized it was still in draft form. 

So, I hope you enjoy my May layouts.

I HONESTLY LOVE EVERY SECOND BEING YOUR MOM

As soon as I saw the banner from the Dear Lizzie stickers I knew it was perfect for my Mother's Day Tea pictures.  I backed most of the stickers with either white cardstock or the black paper from Crate Paper.  I added some machine stitching and hand cut some flowers from the Basic Grey PB&J patterned paper.  I also went into my stash and found some black pearls to put in the center of the flowers. 






HAVING A BALL

The blues, red and golds of this months kit were perfect for my son's little league pictures.  The bracket paper in the middle was cut using a Lucky 8 punch.  If you don't have a punch or die cut machine that can do that, you can trace one out from another die cut paper you have on hand.





PLAYING TOURIST (LOCAL ADVENTURES)

I am quite new to using masks and am finding them really fun.  It's taken me a few tries on practice paper to get it the way I wanted.

I love the chevron mask, so that was the inspiration for this page.  I used chevron's everywhere on this page.  I hand cut the My Minds Eye Chevron paper.  I hand cut the chevron out of the Echo Park Sweet Day plaid paper.  I used a paper punch that punches the triangle chevron edge and I used a punch that I have that punches out the rickrack. 



MINI CARDS

Using one sheet of 12X12 cardstock, you can make 8 mini 3x3 cards to give away as a give or to have on hand when you need a card.  I think I am giving these away to a friend as a gift.  I will make some little envelopes and then tie them all up in a bow.

Here is my mini collection.  I basically used up a lot of my scraps that I had left over from the kit after finishing my layouts.







Oh Snap! Card!

I really loved the little Dear Lizzie camera die cut sticker.  This was a very simple card to make.  I backed the camera and the title with the charcoal paper from Crate Paper.  I think the title is perfect for the birthday's that you are a little late on. 

Thinking of You Card

I was having a hard time deciding how to use the cute little moped die cut sticker.  I love the sweet color palette that the moped has so went off of that to determine the color of the background and banner.  I pulled a sentiment stamp out of my stash and wah lah,  a cute little card that anyone would love to receive.  




No comments:

Post a Comment