Wednesday, August 15, 2012

June Hip 2B Square Layouts and Cards

LAST DAY OF FIRST GRADE

Once again Kimberly has put together another FABULOUS kit.  I love all the subtle colors in this one.  This kit has tons of boy stuff which I love. (even though I do have a girl too.!)  These papers were PERFECT for my son's last day of school pics.  He happened to be wearing a teal shirt which matches the papers and die cut stickers.  There were also some school themed die cut stickers and the Studio Calico Numerical Patterned paper was a perfect fit for this page.

This month's sketch is really cool.  It can be interpreted so many different ways.  I pretty much stayed to the sketch, just varying the embellishments a little. 


I added several layers of the light blue cardstock and the Jilli Bean Macho Nacho blue polka dot patterned paper behind the Echo Park Die Cut Stickers to make them stand out a little more. 


I also added some machine stitching and some splats of Mr. Huey mist from an earlier Hip Kit.



I hope I have inspired you to take this sketch and make a wonderful layout.  Happy Scrapping!

GAME DAY

I love the reds, white and blues that are also in this kit along with the baseball themed die cut sticker and border strips from Echo Park.  They were perfect for my baseball pics of when we went to Little League Day with the Mariners.  These papers would also be great for a 4th of July layout. 

I love those little Echo Park film strip die cut stickers also.  Just print out some 1.5" square pics and they fit perfectly.

I really like the little envelopes Kimberly included this month.  They are awesome for sticking in memorabilia such as tickets. 


INSTAFUN
 
I am just now figuring out the Instagram craze and have started taking some instagram pics with my iPhone. It is fun and the kids like to take pics on my phone too.  This was a fun pic we took trying to get all of us in the pic.  I love that you can pick the Instagram pics to have that 70's Polaroid feel. 


The Echo Park die cut stickers have some really sweet sentiments that are perfect for family pages and the camera die cut was just right for this page.


I used lots of layers of different patterned papers and a couple of tags cut from the Crate Paper Story Teller paper.  I just played with all of the layers and tags and other embellishments until I got the look that I wanted.  I used some black ribbon that I had on hand in my stash.


I used some Mr. Huey mist from a previous Hip Kit to make my little Studio Calico camera red and then splatted the same red, some blue and white mists on the background paper.
 
I THINK YOU ARE AMAZING
 
Most of my layouts are of my kiddos.  The phrases in this kit fit with my photo since I think my kiddos are the bomb and are amazing.  I hand cut out the banners from the Echo Park border paper and then backed the title on white and then green to make it stand out a little more from the page.   



CARDS
 
Here are my cards made with the sketches for the June Cards.  Since I'm not a huge card maker, I love using sketches, they help with the creative process.



It's really cool when you can take a kit that Kimberly has put together and make such a muted color card.  I took all of the brown based patterned papers and inked them with a brown ink.  I had some blank craft paper cards that I used for the base of my card and then added the embellishments that matched the papers.  I took a stamp from my stash to add the sentiment.  If you don't have a stamp, you can always hand write your sentiment.


 I started with the red, white and blue palette and then added the embellishments.  I stuck to the sketch design.  The tickets made me think of a trip, so I dug out a Bon Voyage stamp to finish off the card. 





No comments:

Post a Comment