Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Feb Hip Kit Layout #2

I LOVE YOUR UNIQUE SENSE OF STYLE

The butterflies in this kit are so much fun.  So far I've put them on both layouts that I have done.  My daughter is only three and is turning into such a little fashionista.  She is very opinionated on what she wears and won't take any input from me.  She was especially proud of this outfit and wanted to do a fashion shoot.  The colors in this kit worked with her crazy outfit perfectly.


I really liked the Echo Park Teal Damask Page.  It has all these great tags on the flip side.  I cut mine down to little banner tags that are so trendy now. 

I also hand cut out some butterflies and them put them on the border strip to make a few of the pop.

On the corrugated letters, I sprayed a little bit of the Mister Huey Mist (that was in last months kit) onto a plate and took a makeup sponge and dabbed into the mist.  I then lightly rubbed on the letters until I got the color I wanted. 

I am obsessed with punches and dies right now.  A new punch that I just got was from WeR Memory Keepers.  It is their Lucky 8 Floral Burst Punch.  I cut out the craft paper with it to get the huge brackets.  It is very simple to use and you get really big die cuts.


Tim Holtz has this wonderful Mini Rosette Strip Die that cuts and perforates those cute little accordion flowers that are everywhere.  It is my favorite die right now as you can make those flowers in seconds and you can make them to match your layouts perfectly.   


The cute flower above was made with one of the new Cuttlebug Quilling Dies.  This is the Daisy Pattern.  It is a easy way to made a very dimensional flower in a couple of minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment