Monday, September 13, 2010

I just had to redo Hand in Hand

I was trying to not add to much to this layout so I wouldn't distract from the wonderful picuture I took of the kiddos on the beach.  I really wanted the picture to say everything.  But then I think I went to simple on the layout. 

Here is the before.......

It is nice, but is just missing something.  I was having a little bit of scrappers block, so I emailed Kimberly to see if she had any suggestions.  She is really good at being objective and looking at things with fresh eyes.  She thought I should add a border sticker from Sassafrass Lass and add some of the chipboard flowers to the bottom of the layout. 

Here is the AFTER:



I think by adding those slight little tweeks and lifting up the border sticker at the bottom of the flags, gave the page a lot more dimension without taking away from the picture.  I also got out my trusty sharpie and outlined the red letters helping to tone them down a bit. 

Moral of the story, don't be afraid to ask for help.  Sometimes an objective eye from a friend can help so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment